The fundamental knowledge of mineral project evaluation becomes essential for all mining professionals. Managing mineral projects in this environment involves comprehensive understanding of key principles and project drivers together with knowledge of analytical tools to make appropriate investment decision. This 3 days course provides a practical application of fundamental principles and concepts of finance and project evaluation applicable to the investment decisions in the resources sector.
Dates: 26 – 28 July 2017 Brisbane Fees: $2490 ex GST
Key learning objectives:
- Through understanding of “The Process of Mining”;
- Estimating capital and operating costs; •
- Understanding of Key Financial concepts used in Mining; •
- Key Excel Functions used in Investment Evaluations;
- Economic Model Construction;
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) modelling and evaluation of mining projects;
- Sensitivity Analysis;
- Monte Carlo Simulation using Crystal Ball Software;
- Overview of Real Option Valuation; and
- Auditing of an economic evaluation model.
For more information click here: siecap-training-course-july
Manish Garg, Director Advisory
Having worked for some of the largest global resource companies like BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto, Manish has demonstrated experience in the various disciplines of the mining industry, including mining, mineral processing, marketing, feasibility studies, project management, business planning, business improvement and as corporate consulting in valuation, due diligence, M&A and stock market listings on ASX, SGX and TSX. Manish has been involved in developing and mentoring numerous techno-commercial teams across operations and consulting.
To register email: Emelia Chalker.