A review of a large scale bulk commodity miners productivity, with the aim of increasing productivity with less resources and lower unit costs
- How is performance being measured?
- How can our performance be bench marked?
- Where should we focus to achieve biggest bang for their buck?
- How do we achieve consistent multi-site performance?
How the Siecap team helped
- Challenged the short term planning to reduce queuing and improve cycle times
- Demonstrated cost driver trees between contract and owners
- Showed the value after normalisation of global benchmarking
- Provided expertise in asset reliability to demonstrate how standby time and other predictive methods improve availability
- Instituted hot seat changes and reduced meeting times, as well a crib time off equipment
- Improved productivity by 8%
- Increased mechanical availability by 5%
- Improved labour efficiency ratio by 15%
- Reduced equipment damage by 23%
- Demonstrated dig dump load benefits via Boston Curve theory of being able to improve repeatable tasks by 10%
- Developed the top 10 KPI’s (lag and lead) for management