A review of OEM offerings with parts pricing and supply of major components to identify alternates and cost savings for project lifecycle
- How does parts pricing affect operating costs?
- What are the key components of costs?
- What is the appropriate rebuild times and pricing?
- Are we getting the best deal on equipment?
How the Siecap team helped
- Leveraging existing knowledge and industry relationships, a review of all parts pricing was undertaken with all OEMS
- Options developed to consider non-OEM parts and components and extended major component rebuild hours
- Analysis performed to calculated savings over life of project
- Completed review of equipment pricing offered by OEMS
- Provided comparative review of equipment fleets and determined suitability of equipment
- OEMS were able to offer better parts pricing with discounted parts, without 100% commitment
- Agreed on risk share with component cost capping
- An 8-10% parts saving made of life of project
- Better long term OEM pricing obtained and support services received (training, warranties, etc.)
- Use of low hour used machines for non-critical jobs